Istituto Grandi Marchi
Made up of 18 prestigious Italian wine families,
the Istituto Grandi Marchi promotes the country’s
best bottles and producers on a global scale.
It brings together families and brands that:
- All are family-owned brands.
- Each member has been in operation for at least 25 years and in some cases for centuries.
- All own their estate vineyards, which stand out for their history and enduring traditions.
- All are recognized worldwide for their superior quality and production practices.
- Each is considered an innovator with a profound vision.
- All are key players representing Italy’s most highly praised wines.
- All are industry leaders whose peers emulate their work.
- All share the same values and strategies, and support collaborative efforts.
- All are committed to a continued focus on education, innovation and developing markets.
- Each member exemplifies the best of their region.
The Institute aims to:
- give direction and incisiveness to the development of quality Italian wine and to the brands which express this on world markets.
- organise and develop training and educational activities contributing to the promotion of Italian wine culture in the world.